Monday, June 15, 2009

Holy $hit, Copenhagan is expensive

so I knew I was in trouble when my first beer in copenhagan cost 12
dollars, at a cheap place. Everything was completely booked Saturday
night when we got there, so we tried to find a hotel. For some reason
copenhagan is very popular, and there were no hotels either. We
finally checked into the trashiest place I have ever been before, for
about 100 dollars. Yea so I was ready to leave Saturday night. But
thankfully, we didn't get murdered. Sunday we checked into a hostel,
and then walked THE ENTIRE CITY. 6 hours later we got back to the
hostel and met some Swedish people who told us we had to go to
Christiania with them. I did not know what this mysterious place was.
It's a separatist part of copenhagan that's ridiculous party central.
We went for an outdoor concert and the Swedish guy told us the two
rules. 1. Don't for any reason, pet the dogs and 2. Never make eye
contact with the drug dealers. We finally escaped from Christianian
about 3 this morning, and then I woke up and hopped on the train to
Berlin. I got to my hostel a little while ago, and now I'm with a
bunch of ridiculous austrailians. They are looking at me funny right
now for typing on my iPod. I'm headed to krakow tomorrow, wish me
luck.