Sunday, July 10, 2005

We didnt die!

Hoy!
Okay sorry it has been awhile, but they dont have computers at Pamplona (not that we looked...). Anyway I dont remember what the last thing I updated was but Ill start with Paris.

As soon as we got there some old Frenchman cussed me out for wearing my backpack on the subway. We I had just been in the bar car of a train for about 5 hours, so needless to say I was not going to take any crap from this guy. I promptly responded by telling him what I thought about him, his mother, and that if he said another word to me I was going to stab him in the eye. Yea well anyway he didnt say anything else.
So we had 8 hours in the Paris train station and we hung out with some girls from Belgium for awhile.*funny story
Then we took about 3 more trains that we couldnt get reservations for so we paid an 8 euro fine everytime for not having reservations and then they make you sit in the bar car the whole time(that sucks huh?). We ended up meeting 4 other Americans on the train to Pamplona, and they were a ton of fun. We got to Pamplona on Thursday night and partied, but we went in early to prepare for Friday. We got up and took pictures of the run on Friday morning and then we found our friends from the train. We partied with them all day, and then went and rode bumper cars with them at about 330 the next morning. We made it to our hotel at about 430 and slept for an hour because we had to get up and go run on Saturday. Needless to say we overslept so we had to sprint to find where the run started. We made it, but we were at the front and the locals heard us speak english and told us we shouldnt be there. We agreed, so we moved back from the front about 100 yards. They let out the bulls and Tyree took off. I would have no part of that, I wanted to see the bulls. So when they were about 25 yards away I decided that was good time to run. I got to slap one as it ran past me. I ran with them all the way into the colliseum, where I found my American buddy from the train (Nick). We celebrated that we didnt die and then they let a bull out for people to chase around in the stadium. Nick fell and got stepped on by the bull. It was funny, and he didnt get hurt. After that we went back to their hotel and partied til it was time to leave for Barcelona yesterday. Of course we couldnt get reservations so we hopped the train again and paid the fine. 6 more hours in bar car. We got to Barcelona and as soon as we stepped off the train, we saw the girls from Belgium. It is ridiculous how many people that we see. I saw Colin in Pamplona too, one of the guys from Auburn. Small world. Anyway we are doing a bike tour of Barcelona today and I think tomorrow we might go sea kayaking.
Oh yea and if you want to see pictures of the Running of the Bulls go to http://www.sanfermin.com

Good times. After this we are going to try and meet up with Shane and then we head to Italy. I will update again tomorrow because we have free internet here!

Cheers
Graham